The rates recommended by the Association of Psychologists of Nova Scotia are observed in this practice.
Most extended medical plans provide coverage for psychological services. Our psychologists are listed as service providers for most extended plans. If you have a question about whether psychological services are covered, please call your insurance office, or call our office and we will be pleased to help you get the answers you need.
We recommend that you call your insurance provider prior to the first session. Some key questions to ask your insurer include:
- Does my plan cover the services of a Registered Psychologist?
- How much coverage do I have per year? And is that per calendar year or per 12 month period?
- Do you cover 100% of the amount or do I have to pay a portion of each visit?
- Do I require a physician’s referral to qualify for my insurance coverage?
- How do I submit my claim for reimbursement?
- $210 per each 50-minute individual therapy session
- $210 per each 50-minute couples therapy session
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Practice Administrator at 902-490-0090 or email us at [email protected].
Assessment services, and/or reports, and other required services will be provided at a discussed upon an additional fee with will be discussed and agreed upon before such services are provided. Typically, unless for court, the fee for assessments is $210 per hour plus test costs.
Please note: We provide receipts that are suitable for reimbursement by all insurers. Receipts for services of a psychologist are income-tax-deductible as health-care expenses so please keep your receipts for your tax records.